Gina Aliotti has some helpful tips to help keep a hardbody while still celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Check out G’s Top Ten List and enjoy the day!
G’s Top 10 Cinco de Mayo Tips:
1. Go for corn tortillas over flour.
2. If you are indulging in alcoholic beverages, stay away from mixed drinks. Opt for a skinny Margarita. (lime, tequila, Cointreau and a touch of triple sec)
3. Avoid the chips of death and if you just can’t, opt for corn chips or better yet flax!
4. Go for black beans over re-fried!
5. Watch the cheese. If you must have cheese, go light or go home!
6. Don’t go crazy with the guacamole. Yes, avocados are a great fat and so good for you but a little goes a long way!
7. Salsa, pile it on! This is a completely Gina approved food and can be added to any dish and better yet, makes a great salad dressing!
8. Go grilled and not fried.
9. Absolutely stay away from Cerveza, aka beer!
10. A great super healthy appetizer to tide you over for your meal is civiche or shrip cocktail.
Enjoy and Happy Cinco de Mayo!