Only three IFBB Pro Bikini competitions remain on the 2011 calendar and this weekend one will go down in Sacramento, California. Eleven hardbody bikini women will take the stage in hopes of qualifying for the 2012 Olympia. The top three will go to the big dance in Las Vegas. The defending champ, Amanda Latona will look to make it two wins in a row and hold onto her title. Tiffany Marie Boydston qualified for the Olympia with a third place finish at the Titans Grand Prix. The Vegas duo are the only ones qualified in the line up.
The Hardbody Breakdown:
1. Narmin Assria – Narmin made her pro debut at the Titans Grand Prix and held her own with another top five finish. She’ll obviously be gunning for a top three finish here. Can she do it? Yep but it won’t be easy in this line up. I have her my top five fighting for a top three spot.
2. Sandra Augustin turned pro in Fitness and will be competing in bikini. I can only assume that she’s doing this show since she lives in Sacramento. Always an energetic and lively women, Sandra will have her hands full cracking the top five here but bet on her having fun in the process.
3. Tiffany Marie Boydston - Tiffany’s birthday wish came true when she qualified for the Olympia on her birthday a couple weeks back at the Titans Grand Prix. I look for her to be in the top five but can she return to the top three? This will be a more competitive line up than she faced in Culver City so we’ll have to see.
4. Mary Jo Cooke-Elliott - Mary Jo battled back from an illness and finished in 11th at this year’s MuscleContest. She’ll look to move up now that she has the swing of things in the bikini division since making the switch from Figure.
5. Tawna Eubanks - I like the look that Tawna brings to the stage and think she has a great BIKINI body. She made her pro debut at the Houston Pro where she finished fourth. I had her in my top three and disappointed that she didn’t get the nod I thought she deserved. She’ll face some tougher competition and a different set of judges here so we’ll see how she fairs.
6. Diana Fields made her return to the competitive scene at the Tijuana Pro and finished at the bottom of the pack. She’ll make a run at it again here and will see how she fairs. You never know with a different set of eyes on you where someone like Diana may end up.
7. Brittany Gaylord returned to the stage at the Titans Grand Prix and many were left wondering WHO DAT? Those of you who have been around awhile and in the industry will remember her as Brittany Thorsch, the fitness pro. Brittany turned pro at the 2005 NPC USAs. She’s since married and had a baby. Now that she is back in the swing of things look for her to bring a better presentation and physique than she did in Culver City.
8. Many Henderson made the switch from Figure and still carries a good deal of muscle. She’s one of the shorties in the IFBB Pro league and it’s a balancing act for the shorter competitors. If you come in too soft it can look like you’re out of shape but come in too lean and you risk looking jacked. She wasn’t at the bottom of the pack but some where in the middle of the Titans Grand Prix. I look for her to be in a similar spot here.
9. Amanda Latona is obviously the one to beat. She took some time off but you wouldn’t know it when she took the stage at the Titans Grand Prix. Amanda picked up where she left off and left win another pro victory. She’s shown she is beatable however I don’t see it happening here unless she decided to hit the local fro-yo shops since her last competition. She’s the returning champ and I look for her to hold onto her title once again.
10. Natalie Pennington was in the top three at this show last year and don’t be surprised if she does once again. She presents a look the the judges favor and I look for this show to be much the same. I don’t mind her look from the front however when she turns to the back I’m left wondering where her booty is at. In the comparison rounds don’t be surprised if she standing next to Amanda Latona and when they turn to the back take not of the booty difference.
11. Talia Terese is looking to find her groove in the pro ranks since winning the NPC USAs in July. She improved to 6th place at the Titans Grand Prix and is a stunning woman. She’ll look to get in the hunt of things here and back to a top contender status. If she brings the look, confidence and presentation she did to USAs she can be a threat. If she doesn’t she’ll be in the middle of this pack.
Our West Coast correspondent Ron “Yogi” Avidan will be covering the action and tweeting @ronavidan the call-outs. One thing of note is that Sandi Williamson will be head judging this show which is a great opportunity for the up-and-coming NPC women and also the pros. Sandi is your go-to woman in the division and when she gives you advice it’s best to put it into action.
1. Amanda Latona
2. Talia Terese
3. Narmin Assria
4. Natalie Pennington
5. Tiffany Bodyston
1. Amanda Latona
2. Natalie Pennington
3. Narmin Assria
4. Talia Terese
5. Tawna Eubanks
*NOTE: It’s not necessarily how I would judge it based on previous shows however it’s how I see it potentially going down. These are subjective and just opinions. Don’t get your panties in a bunch if you’re not in the mix. Who will be closer to predicting the top five… Yogi or Isaac? We’ll find out on Saturday.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Prejudging – 9:30am
Finals – 6pm
1013 K Street