When you ask people what their favorite cheat meal is many will say, PIZZA! While a slice of pizza is a nice treat from time to time, it would be great if there was a healthy version. Thanks to Anna Sward of Proteinpow.com and Bodybuilding.com you now have that option. Check out the recipes for a healthy version of pizza.
This pizza is great for those watching their carb intake. Topped with mozzarella, spinach, and an egg, it makes for an incredible Fiorentina low-carb pizza!
• 1 cup of Liquid Egg Whites
• 1/4 cup of Psyllium Husks
• 1/2 cup of Pea Protein Powder (or Brown Rice Protein Powder)
• Herbs to taste (Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley)
• Garlic Salt and Onion Granules to taste
1. Blend or whisk all of the above ingredients together until you get a kind of thick liquid or sticky dough.
2. Spray a non-stick pan with PAM or coconut oil and heat it on high heat. Once the pan is hot-hot-hot, (so it sizzles a bit), scoop the dough into it. Spread dough with a spoon until it’s in a flat, round shape.
3. Once dough cooks on one side, flip it and cook until done. Then, remove it from the pan and place it on a grill or baking tray.
4. Add your toppings to the crust. You can use whatever you’d like, depending on your macro-nutrient needs and taste.
5. Broil pizza for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the sides brown.
Visit Bodybuilding.com for more the nutrition content of this recipe and other delicious recipes.