We’re in the single digits in the countdown to the Olympia. One of the leading ladies of the bikini division, Dianna Dahlgren gives us an update on her current state of mind and what her schedule will be like this week. Check it out in her post below and see what’s she doing for her final workouts and where you can meet the cover girl during throughout the Olympia weekend.
A COMPETITOR’S LIFE
5 days out
By Dianna Dahlgren
Hello to all my fellow hardbodiess!!!
I CAN’T BELIEVE there are only a few days left till the 2012 Bikini Olympia. Time has been flying! This last week is really all about enjoying the process of getting ready to leave and pamper thy self! Every morning waking up and seeing your body be ‘stage ready’ is the icing on the cake! I tend to catch myself slipping to a negative side a lot just because I’m inpatient! I want Friday to be here now! but like I said I remind myself to slow down, and cherish the process. Only a few workouts left as well, of course focusing on my round bootay! Keeping it nice n round and hitting cardio afterwards!
Heres’ a little sample of what I’ll be doing up until Friday:
• Glute Pushbacks, heavy weight, 20 reps, 4 sets
• Standing Glute Pushbacks, medium weight, 15 reps, 4 sets
• Then I stay on the same machine and turn my foot and hip outward so it hits the top of the side and top of the glutes! medium weight, 15 reps, 4 sets
Cardio afterwards consists of the Stair Master, most dread this machine but really it is THE BEST machine for the bootay! I go for 45 minutes and step every 2 steps instead of every step!
The days will be filled with enjoying this final week by packing, mani and pedi and making sure everything is all set for the big show this weekend!
This weekend you can meet me at:
• Thursday Night – Meet the Olympians
• Friday – I’ll be busy competing this day but come watch Prejudging at the Expo in the morning and finals will be held at the Orleans arena that night!
• Saturday – I’ll be at the Expo working with GNC all day!
I’D LOVE TO MEET YOU! Come by and say hi!
Till next time,