The Arnold Sports Festival continues to get bigger and better every year. The 2014 Festival will add five new events! The event will feature over 18,000 athletes competing in 50 sports and events. The event organizers expect 175,000 attendees at this year’s festival. This will be the 26th anniversary of the annual event and promises to be the best yet.
COLUMBUS, OHIO – The Arnold Sports Festival, the largest multi-sport event in the nation, will add several new sports – including the Arnold Classic 212 division for professional men’s bodybuilders and a national championship for pole fitness – and a new presenting sponsor when the festival celebrates its 26th anniversary in 2014.
New in 2014 are the Arnold Classic 212, the Pole Fitness National Championship, Arnold Swimming Championships, Arnold Tennis Championships and the Arnold Wrestling Challenge. Europa Sports Products, based in Charlotte, N.C., is the new presenting sponsor of the Arnold Sports Festival. The 2014 Arnold Sports Festival will be held Feb. 27-March 2 in Columbus, Ohio. The event will feature 18,000 athletes competing in 50 sports & events and 175,000 attendees over four days.
Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jim Lorimer have co-produced the Arnold Sports Festival since 1989, when it debuted as a one-day bodybuilding competition known as the Arnold Classic. The Arnold Sports Festival has grown over the years and is now a four-day festival that features a variety of sports, including professional and amateur bodybuilding, strongman, weightlifting, and powerlifting. Youth sports include gymnastics, cheerleading and dance, fencing, martial arts and many others. The Arnold Classic 212 will be presented for the first time in 2014. IFBB Pro League stars such as Flex Lewis, David Henry, Kevin English and Jose Raymond are expected to compete. The Arnold Classic 212 will be held on Friday, Feb. 28, with prejudging at the Greater Columbus Convention Center and finals at Veterans Memorial. The 2014 Pole Fitness National Championships will be held on Thursday, Feb. 27 at the L.C. Pavilion and feature champions from 12 regional competitions. The event is sponsored by X-Pole.
The 2014 Arnold Fitness EXPO will again feature 700 booths of the latest in sports equipment, apparel and nutrition and a stage that hosts unique, non-stop competitions and entertainment that combine to make the Arnold Fitness EXPO the heart of the Arnold Sports Festival. The Arnold Fitness Expo will be held Friday, Feb. 28-Sunday, March 2, 2014.
Many Arnold Sports Festival participants are youth competing in events such as archery, boxing, cheerleading, dance, fencing, gymnastics, martial arts, tennis and table tennis. The top student-athletes compete for ten $2,000 college scholarships presented annually by the Columbus Rotary and the Arnold Sports Festival.
“A daily EXPO ticket affords a great entertainment value and allows our attendees to experience a great variety of sports and events,” co-promoter Jim Lorimer said. “We are very proud to provide the opportunity for athletes, a majority of them youth, to compete at the largest multi-sport festival in the U.S.”
A daily ticket to the EXPO includes admission to most of the 50 sports and events. For a complete list of events visit the website’s Information page.
Separate tickets are required for the following events:
• Arnold Amateur Classic Bodybuilding Prejudging & Finals, Fitness, Figure and Bikini Prejudging 6pm, Feb. 27, Veterans Memorial $25.
• Pole Fitness National Championships at the Arnold, 9-11pm, Feb. 27, L.C. Pavilion $25-$100 (not included in VIP package).
• Amateur Bodybuilding Prejudging, Physique & Figure Masters Prejudging & Finals, 9am, Feb. 28, Veterans Memorial $25.
• Arnold Classic 212, Fitness International and Figure International Finals, 7pm, Feb. 28, Veterans Memorial $50-75.
• Amateur MMA Festival, 7pm, Feb. 28, Lifestyles Communities Pavilion $30-$75 (not included in VIP package).
• 25th Annual Arnold Classic and Bikini International Prejudging, 2pm, March 1, Veterans Memorial $50.
• 25th Annual Arnold Classic, Bikini International and Strongman Classic Finals, 7pm March 1, Veterans Memorial $50-$100.
• Arnold Party With The Pros, 9pm, March 1, Hollywood Casino $25.
• Arnold Pro Boxing, 7pm, March 1, L.C. Pavilion TBD (not included in VIP package).
• Arnold, Champions & Legends Sunday Morning Showcase, 9am, March 2, Hilton Columbus Downtown $50 ($25 for students with ID) VIP Ticket Packages and individual event tickets are available through Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com/arnold or 800-745-3000. Daily EXPO tickets are available for $10 in advance (plus service charge) or $15 at the door of all Arnold Sports Festival venues. Children 10 and under free.
Presenting Sponsor: Europa Sports Products.
Diamond Sponsors: Hollywood Casino Columbus, MHP, Muscle Pharm.
Gold Sponsors: Animal, bpi Sports, BSN, EAS Abbott Nutrition, Gaspari Nutrition, Gasp & Better Bodies.
Silver Sponsors: 4 Dimension Nutrition, 6 Pack Fitness, American Airlines, BEAST, Body Fortress, Cellucor, Cytosport, Flexicus.com, GAT/World Health Products, Jan Tana, MET-RX, MuscleTech, Oh Yeah! Nutrition, ProMera Sports, Pure Protein, Quest Nutrition, Ricart.com, Rogue Fitness,VPX.
Bronze Sponsors: Active Interest Media, Blender Bottle, Champion Energy, Gear, iSatori, Inc., Lone Star Distribution, MRI, MRM, Mutant, N.V.E. Pharmaceuticals, Nationwide Reality, Probiotica Lab, Rightway Nutrition, Rivalus Inc., Scivation, Smartshake.
For more information, including schedules, locations and hours, visit www.arnoldsportsfestival.com.